Frequently Asked Questions
1-WHAT IS IT?
The Mirror House is the residence of both Kuwaiti artist Khalifa Qattan and his Italian born wife Lidia. Lidia still lives in her house and gives personal tours while telling visitors the story and history behind her creation The Mirror House. It's a 2 hour journey through the halls of the Ground Floor and 1st Floor of the Khalifa & Lidia Qattan Art Museum. The Ground floor is all the Mirror halls, while the 1st floor is all the Art galleries desplaying the art works of both Lidia and her late husband Khalifa Qattan who passed away in 2003.
2-WHAT ARE YOUR WORKING HOURS?
The Mirror House is OPEN 6 days a week ONLY BY ADVANCED APPOINTMENT!
A Morning tour can be booked between the hours of 10:00 and 11:00
An Afternoon tour can be booked between the hours of 15:00 and 17:00
During the Holy Month of Ramadan the Last booking is at 3 pm)
Tour duration approximetly 2hrs
THE MIRROR HOUSE IS CLOSED ON FRIDAY OF EVERY WEEK.
3-HOW CAN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
- Appointments MUST be made at least 24 hours or more in advance. For example, if you want to visit at 3 pm on a Monday afternoon, you MUST book your appointment on Sunday morning or the latest by 3 pm on Sunday.
- Saturdays and Holidays get booked quickly! To guarantee a spot on the holidays or weekend, you will have to book at least 1 week in advance, of coarse you can ALWAYS try to book a day or 2 before, we may or may not have a cancellation.
- A COVID-19 form MUST be submitted by each visitor (MINIMUM no. of visitors to make an appointment is 2 ADULTS) except families who live in the same household, only one form is sufficient.
- On the Covid-19 form you can select the DATE and TIME you wish to make your appointment (please note that tour duration may exceed 2 hours!)
- Make sure to fill ALL required fields marked with an ( * ) in order to successfully submit your form or it will NOT go through!
- After submitting your Covid-19 forms, you will be contacted via WhatsApp by The Mirror House Management to receicve a CONFIRMED BOOKING message with details.
4-WHAT IS THE COST?
Admission fee (Cash Only)
5-HOW LONG IS THE TOUR?
The Mirror House Tour is a guided tour conducted by the artist herself. It takes approximately 2hrs to go through the ground floor and first floor
6-ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED IN THE MIRROR HOUSE?
Yes! However, the guided tour by the artist/owner are meant for a mature audience of adults, young adults, and kids above the age of 7 years old.
The Mirror House is NOT suitable for Toddlers! If you are a parent with toddlers, be prepared to continually run around and catch them! Your journey will be LESS spent on hearing the artist's talk and MORE time being distracted (which is also distracting to the artist) and trying to keep your toddler from grabbing and pulling on items around the premises!
Please remember that the Mirror House is an Art Museum NOT a Playground!
7-WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM NUMBER OF VISITORS PER TOUR?
Minimum number 2 Adults
Maximum number for a group of friends 7-8 Adults
Maximum number for a family (including kids) 10-12
8-ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS WHEN VISITING THE MIRROR HOUSE?
BE ON TIME!
As a curtasy, we ask our visitors to be considerate of the time of the artist, and if they are going to be late or need to cancel, we kindly request they let us know in advance before the date of their appointment.
WEAR YOUR MASK!
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, and for the safety of everyone, we ask our visitors to kindly keep their masks on throughout their journey into the Mirror House.
NO SHOE POLICY!
Due to the reccurrent hygiene issues, and COVID-19 safety measures, and due to the fact that the Mirror House is STILL a Private Residence, we kindly request our visitors to leave their shoes by the 2nd entrance before entering the MAIN HOUSE (you will be directed to the location after ticket purchase). Slippers are provided for rent or purchase at the ticket counter.
9-WHAT IS YOUR COVID-19 SAFTY PROCEDURES?
10-WHAT ARE THE RULES ON FOOT WARE?
- Shoes are NOT allowed inside the Mirror House.
- Used slippers can be rented at the gift shop (used slippers are regularly cleaned and sanitized)
- New slippers can be purchased at a wholesale value which is cheaper than the market retail price.
- You may NOT enter the Mirror House BAREFOOT OR ONLY with your socks!
- You may NOT bring your own slippers even if they are new, clean and in sealed bags!
11-HOW CAN I GET TO THE MIRROR HOUSE?
By following our Address: Qadisiya Block 9, Street 94, House 17
12-WHERE DO I PARK?
At the Entrance or under the Shade of the Cars on the side of the House
13- IS THE MIRROR HOUSE A PRIVATE RESIDENCE?
Yes! The Mirror House is still a private residence, hence the tours are ONLY possible by PRIOR appointment as well as our STRICT Safety Procedures!
14- IS THE MIRROR HOUSE SPONSORED BY A GOVERNMENT OR PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENT?
No. We have no financial or any type of support from the Government or any Private establishments/ organizations. We rely on Your generouse donations and purchases to support The Mirror House.
15- IF I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING FROM THE GIFT SHOP BUT DO NOT WANT TO DO THE TOUR IS THAT POSSIBLE? AND DO YOU HAVE DELIVERY?
Yes! Just WhatsApp the Manager at 50747677 to arrange for a timing at both your convinience
We Only deliver items within Kuwait, (Free of charge for KD10 and above). We also provide Quick Pay Bank Link directly by sms to pay for your purchases.